BURFORD TOWN COUNCIL (“BTC”)
General Data Protection Regulations
BTC collects personal data from its Councillors and employees. These personal data that we collect are:-
- Home address
- Email address;
- Home and/or mobile telephone number;
- Photos; and
- HMRC payroll information for employees
Every time BTC receives a letter or an email it receives the personal data contained within it, normally the name and address of the sender. Those personal data are held until the letter is destroyed or the email deleted.
BTC holds a copy of the Electoral Roll of Burford compiled and updated by West Oxfordshire District Council and a copy of the list of Mayors and Chairs of other local authorities in Oxfordshire compiled annually by Oxfordshire County Council. BTC is awaiting advice from the Information Commissioner’s Office whether or not Electoral Rolls constitute personal data.
Use of personal data
- BTC will not share or disclose your personal data without your prior consent unless legally obliged to do so,
- BTC will never sell your personal data under any circumstances.
- BTC will only use your personal data for the purpose of communicating with you in its capacity of a local authority.
- BTC will retain and use your personal data for as long as it is legally obliged to do so.
- BTC’s use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis either because it is necessary to enable it to fulfil its obligations to you or because it is in its legitimate interests.
You have the right to access the personal data held by BTC and to request information about:-
- What personal data BTC holds about you:
- The purposes BTC holds them for:
- The recipients to whom your personal data have been or will be disclosed; and
- For how long BTC intends to store your personal data.
BTC will correct and complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal data as quickly as possible after you have drawn it to BTC’s attention. You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data in whole or in part in accordance with applicable data protection laws,
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, BTC has the right to ask you for proof of identity in order to protect your personal data and to keep it secure.
If you wish to complain about BTC’s use of your personal data you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Town Clerk whose address is:-
126 High Street
Oxon OX18 4QU